STICKY: Installing modified official applications

Please post all correspondence here.
Questions about application modifications...
Comments Pros & Cons or device compatability / issues, or just a thanks!
Suggestions for user interface flow, or new applications to add to the list.
Requests for a custom application or personalized modifications to an existing app.
sibrdave
Site Admin

STICKY: Installing modified official applications

Post by sibrdave » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 am

Since I've spent more time developing code than reading about the legalities of modifying and redistributing other peoples code, I have attempted to CMA by leaving modified official code unsigned for distribution. The applications that I modify and redistribute are always free anyways, but copyrights on software have become very sensitive and I assume large companies that make a lot of money with their software tend to have really good software lawyers to protect their investment. All modified official applications I have for download are working apk's that need only a key signature. You can download the app to your device and BEFORE you install it, you must sign the apk with a free app found at the Google Play Store, apk-signer by Hai Bison (Thanks Hai). Apk-signer is a simple application that will quickly apply a key signature with either the standard test-key or you can generate your own keystore to sign with. Once signed, you can proceed to install the downloaded app.
Go to "http://ivcontrols.com/Homeapps" to view all downloads.